In the words of Hugh Macleod
“The Social Object, in a nutshell, is the reason two people are talking to each other, as opposed to talking to somebody else. Human beings are social animals. We like to socialize. But if think about it, there needs to be a reason for it to happen in the first place. That reason, that “node” in the social network, is what we call the Social Object.”
Walter and I look at this idea and what it means to your marketing. Some ideas include:
- How Heineken create a social objects by giving away a million hugs. It’s a talking point.
- As social beings we remember feelings and not logic.
- The tried ad tested has become stale in a closed club.
- What is the next step for Nando’s advertising?
- Why the experience is more important than the communication
There is a bit of wind in the background so apologise for the odd wind burst.
To listen to the podcast, please click on the play button blow:
Other listening options
- Click here to download the mp3 [8.1 MB] [17 m ]
- Click here to subscribe via iTunes
- Click here for the RSS feed (non iTunes)
As usual, if you have any questions you would like to ask or have a topic you would like us to discuss, please drop us a note in the contact form in the sidebar. Alternatively, if you have a comment, you can add a comment to the comment section below.
Links from the show: